06/30/2020 - the day that EA and EA Sports issued a clear statement with regard to their contempt and disrespect for fans of Madden franchise mode. Their feature list for franchise mode in Madden 21 read like a set of patch notes thrown together in minutes.
For this reason we made the unprecedented decision to bring Madden Planet out of retirement.
For each of our 100 Days of Franchise we will remind you of a feature that we once had, that EA Sports then removed never to be seen again. We will add a different feature every day during our 100 days of franchise.
Where possible I've tried to list the specific version of Madden, in some cases the feature existed beyond that specific edition of the game.
- Day 41 : Pop up notifications of important news
- Day 40 : Email and PDA (Madden 06))
- Day 39 : Export team from franchise to 'Play Now' (Madden 04)
- Day 38 : Custom uniform designer
- Day 37 : Franchise overview (Madden 04)
- Day 36 : Dynamic Player Performance (Madden 12)
- Day 35 : Canton, Hall of Fame (Fawcett) Stadium (Madden 13)
- Day 34 : Free Agent 'Wants' influencing success or failure (Madden 07/10)
- Day 33 : Player Roles (Madden 07)
- Day 32 : Head Coach 'Knowledge' rating and 'Job Security' status (Madden 06)
- Day 31 : Ticket Prices
- Day 30 : Player holdouts (Madden 07)
- Day 29 : Fan Appreciation Day (Madden 04)
- Day 28 : Build a new stadium (Madden 04)
- Day 27 : NFL Head Coach real(ish)-time free agent signing period with NFL Network video updates
- Day 26 : Pre-draft rookie workout (Madden 07)
- Day 25 : Training camp coaching drills
- Day 24 : Table a bid for and sign a head coach or positional coach (Madden 07)
- Day 23 : New stadium funding including PSL's (Madden 04)
- Day 22 : Draft Rookie Report (Madden PS2)
- Day 21 : Upgrade your stadium (Madden 04)
- Day 20 : Pre-game player specific drills that tied into the 'weapons' system (Madden 08)
- Day 19 : A Head Coach using his playing or coaching background to improve specific positional players (Madden 09)
- Day 18 : Expectation of role affecting morale (Madden 10)
- Day 17 : Rename a stadium (Madden PS2)
- Day 16 : Game-by-game player stat tracking (Madden 10)
- Day 15 : Assistant Coach career profile including playoff appearances (Madden PS2)
- Day 14 : Head Coach career profile including a season by season W-L breakdown (Madden 06)
- Day 13 : Opportunity to re-hire retired players as an assistant or head coach. (Madden PS2)
- Day 12 : Restricted Free Agents (Madden 04/5)
- Day 11 : Career best stats in a player profile (Madden 06)
- Day 10 : Hidden ratings included their OVR for drafted players (Madden 05)
- Day 9 : Listing the stats AND the teams they played for on every players profile (Madden 04)
- Day 8 : Free agent preferences and how your team ranks against them
- Day 7 : Position Battles (Madden 06)
- Day 6 : College All Star Game pre-draft (Madden 07)
- Day 5 : Select your own preseason schedule (Madden PS2)
- Day 4 : Exterior shots WITH fans, cars building atmosphere and hype (Madden 09)
- Day 3 : Positional coaches - OC, DC, and ST (Madden PS2)
- Day 2 : Studio based Half Time Show (Madden 10)
- Day 1 : The Tony Bruno Radio Show (Madden PS2)
We support the #FixMaddenFranchise campaign. We appeal to the hierarchy of EA not to ignore gamers but to listen and act on our concerns. There have been too many failed promises, too many wishlists that have gone ignored and too much silence from developers who refuse to listen.
The Madden community is not "toxic" and we're not a "vocal minority".